Available at both stores in Traverse City and Suttons Bay
Watch the Waterlox Floor Finishing Guide to learn more about how to use Waterlox for your flooring needs. Waterlox products are unique, and, while very easy to use, the application instructions may be different from those of other finishes that you may have used in the past. We strongly suggest that you follow the Waterlox instructions for the best results with all Waterlox Satin Finish products.
Waterlox for Floors
Waterlox bestows floors with a rich, natural-looking hand-rubbed appearance that enhances the wood grain. The preferred finish for most flooring restoration and refinishing projects, Waterlox has a unique blend of tung oil and resin that penetrates deep into the wood and seals wood fibers beneath the surface to achieve a thoroughly protected old-world presence.
• Use as a finish coat to achieve a satin finish on all interior wood projects including floors, windows, doors, cabinetry, woodwork, tables, furniture, bar tops, picture frames, gun stocks and various woodworking projects.
• Non-toxic when dry/fully cured.
• Use as a finish coat over base coats of Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish.
• Coverage/Thinning. One gallon covers 500 square feet per coat. One quart covers 125 square feet per coat.
• Dry Time. 24 hours between coats. Poor ventilation, high humidity or cool temperatures may increase dry times.
Reveal the Radiance
Waterlox is sure to elevate the appearance of any wood floor. From hickory and chestnut, to pine, fir and Brazilian Cherry, Waterlox works wonderfully on hard, soft and exotic woods. It showcases the character of antique wood and reclaimed wood floors magnificently and is ideal for hand-scraped and distressed floors.
Extraordinarily Durable, Amazingly Attractive
Wood countertops are distinct alternatives to the options commonly available today. With its waterproof properties, Waterlox is ideal for these unique pieces. It provides a protective finish that is extraordinarily durable, silky smooth and amazingly attractive.
Preserve and Enhance
Waterlox finishes have been selected to preserve and enhance the floors of art museums, government offices, visitor centers, restaurants and hotels because not only do they protect wood exceptionally, but they offer a stunning presentation.